Microchips have helped reunite thousands of pets with their families. One in three pets will become lost during their lifetime. And according to the American Humane Association, only about 17 percent of lost dogs and two percent of lost cats ever find their way back to their original owners.
We offer the most widely used microchip products to increase the chances of a safe recovery. To microchip your pet, a tiny chip is injected about the size of a grain of rice just under your pet's skin between the shoulder blades. The tiny HomeAgain anti-migration microchip is safe and reliable. Our current cost for microchipping is $57.96. Our clinic handles the registration process and fees so that it you don't have to be boggled with paperwork. Of course you review it before we mail it out.
HomeAgain offers their standard plan which is no fee other than the cost of putting the microchip in by your veterinarian. This includes life long registration.
HomeAgain also offers a more advanced plan. For an annual fee of $14.99 (Animal Hospital of Havre de Grace pays for the first year!) you will receive a:
- 24/7 Emergency medical care hotline you can call if your vet's office is closed or unavailable.
- Online medical information so that you can view your pets current vaccinations
- Pet ID Cards. Useful in case of an emergency or validation at kennels and such.
If your pet gets lost, HomeAgain provides:
- 24/7 Recovery specialist will take down vital information and issue an immediate lost pet alert
to ALL local vets, shelters and Pet Rescuers in the area
- Provides access for owners to create a 'lost pet' poster on the HomeAgain website.
- Provide medical information to shelters and clinic to ensure proper care of the animal.
More information about HomeAgain Microchipping can be found at http://www.homeagain.com/